Friday, November 13, 2009

Fall 2009 Baking

Like I said in my profile, I'm a college student at Texas Tech. So every once in awhile I get the time to bake and do alittle experimenting!
During the summer and holiday time when I am not at school, I work at a cute little kitchen store, The Kitchen Drawer. My boss and coworkers are so much fun and there is never a dull moment, especially when you have tons of cooking magazines/catalogs to read through! All this saying, over the summer, my boss ordered Collegiate cake molds! Naturally I HAD to have the Double T! Brownies are so yummy in it, especially those who love crunchy edges!


Next up is the blueberry-lime poundcake!Sorry for the poor picture! :( This poundcake was just as beautiful as it was satifying! I got this recipe from The Best of Fine Cooking, Sweet Cake (Holiday baking issue), and honestly it is just a normal poundcake with lime zest and fresh blueberries. So, I'm thinking any small fruit or flavoring will go great inside!

Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, my roomate invited me to a mock "Thanksgiving" party. Everyone had to bring something...so I baked! A classic spiced apple pie. All your favorites, apples, cinnomin, nutmeg, lemon zest, and brown sugar! There is no way to go wrong with this! Once again, sorry for the bad picture, it was eaten before I got a final product pic, so here it is about to head into the oven!

**Don't be deceived by the "latice" crust. All I did was take a small paring knife and cut little square out. A cookie cutter would have been easier but in my apartment kitchen...not so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment