Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beginning of Italian Cooking...

Well so please don’t think ill of me for not posting any of my yummy foods yet. Lately when eating comes around its like stuff my face so good, so no pics! Ha! But I have cooked alittle bit here and there. This task is also difficult because my kitchen is alittle inadequate to cook and my fridge is about the size of an American freezer so you get the point.
How ever, this is my latest dish!

Sautéed Chicken with Fresh Green Beans in a White Wine Reduction
Ingredients:
Olive Oil
Italian seasoning
Chicken breast (one per person)
Fresh Green Beans (about a handful per person)
Salt, pepper, and a dash of red pepper flake (more if you like it hotter)
4 Tbs. White Wine (whatever you have on hand, nothing fancy)
Toasted Bread

How to:
Put about a 2Tbs. of olive oil in a pan and heat it to about a medium heat. Once heated, season your chicken with salt and pepper and alittle Italian seasoning. Cook till golden brown and no pink left in the middle. This will be about 4-5 minutes per side depending on thickness.

While that is cooking, if your green beans have stems, remove those and set aside. In another pan, heat about 2Tbs. of olive oil and a dash of red pepper flakes. Once heated, put in your green beans. Cook till done but if you like alittle crunch in your veggies then just keep testing them till they are to your liking!

After you chicken is done, remove from pan and set aside. Take your pan off the burner, and add the wine. Immediately put the pan back on the heat and bring to boil. Using a wooden spoon, scrape anything that has stuck to the bottom( it’s the good stuff, trust me). Once, your wine has reduced( less than when you started) remove and pour over your finished green beans.
Serve chicken and green beans with toasted bread to soak up any sauce that might remain. Sounds fancy but totally do able!

Tomorrow I start my Italian cooking class and then Thursday I will have my Dessert Styling class!! EKKK so excited and I will post pictures and recipes, ASAP!

Peace, Love and Cooking ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment